Wednesday, April 20, 2005

An Intresting day in Research

The day started off with a boring class in electromagnetic theory. We were studying relativistic electromagnetics and Dr Price's scorn for engineers was seen by the change in his tone everytime he set eyes on me. Then after getting out of class which seemed to last forever, I started working on my research work. Today I had decided to review some of the papers in literature on my research topic. My advisor came into my lab in an unforgiving mood and I happened to be the only one in the office. I had taught one of his classes in his absence and he wanted to discuss what topics I had covered. When I was explaining the topics and how I taught them he seemed to not like my teaching style and so started on with a lecture on how I did not understand the subject I was teaching. It annoyed me and however hard I tried to control my anger and frustration my eyes gave away my emotions. After this heated exchange I had a meeting with him again in the evening where he was happy with my literature survey. I was confused at what pleasure my advisor gets at making me feel low.

3 Comments:

Blogger Thangamani said...

Good to know your daily adventures.

Keep Blogging.
It is a nice experiance.

12:48 AM  
Blogger Thangamani said...

நல்லா எழுதுங்க!

12:48 AM  
Blogger SANDYA said...

there are similar happenings like urs in Indian Insti's...the main reason for superiors to act like this is the Pshychological fear of da superior in seein da juniors excel and attaining greater heights. however such acts soon fade away when things become more informal....

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home