Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Indian Idol 2 - Final Frontier

Well this show is getting worse as the days go by as it comes to a close for the second time. I think the favouratism to get Karunya to be the idol is apparent. It is sad that in all this game of votes and politics, the 19 year old's real talent seems to be masked. I have been reading some of the message boards on the sony website and on india-forums and it shocks me that people say karunya cannot sing or he whines.. I pride myself on having a above average knowledge in carnatic music, and I think Karunya sings really well. I thought Amey and Meenal also sang really well and had classical trained voices.

One more thing - It pains me to read poeple write unfair blogs stating Karunya cannot sing and made hundreds of mistakes when he sang his last song. I have heard manna dey's song and the way Karunya sang it and I beleive durbar is a difficult ragam to sing and he sang really well. There were three places in the kalpana swaram where he faltered and I hope he practices to rectify his mistakes. I wish him a long career in music. Amey's rendition of "Laga Chunari mein daag" was awesome. I thought he sang the song with a lot of soul and made fewer mistakes. I was also moved by meenal Jain's rendition of "lambi judai". I think she sang really well.

I am not too bothered who becomes the indian idol as this is just a game played by a channel and a few companies to fill their coffers, but I do wish Karunya, Amey and Meenal a long journey in their singing careers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home